Cherryfield Ecology is keen to hear from freelancers and self employed Ecologists for the up coming summer survey season.
If you are interested in working with Cherryfield Ecology please send a CV and your address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW JOB OPENING!!!!
Cherryfield Ecology has a new, exciting opportunity for an Ecological Consultant to join our expanding team. We are looking for a motivated individual to help continue to deliver a professional, experienced and reliable service. The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking ecological surveys, report writing, project management, providing support to other team members and live within a reasonable commuting distance to our office, which is based in Luton, Bedfordshire. This will be a fantastic opportunity for the right candidates to build on existing knowledge and skill sets, with career development opportunities. Cherryfield Ecology is a small family run business, which specialises in terrestrial ecology working primarily in Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire and the M25 ring.
Applications from a Graduate Ecologist with less experience will also be considered with a lower pay scale of £18,000 to £20,000.
Salary range: £20,000 to £24,000 dependent on experience.
Hours: Standard 37.5hr week, with unsociable hours during the busy summer season.
Location: Home Based – Southeast/North London area, although any location around the M25 ring will be considered.
Benefits: Paid annual CPD budget, paid annual membership of Professional Body, Paid Staff days, worked in TOIL around bat surveys, plus other benefits.
What we need from you –
- As a minimum an undergraduate degree in Ecology or related subject.
- Experience in bat survey methods, especially PRA’s and dusk/pre-dawn surveys. Most of our work involves bats in some way shape or form. If you have a level 1 survey license this would be preferable.
- You will need access to a vehicle and have a full UK driving license.
- Knowledge and experience in PEA/Impact assessment of sites.
- Experience of surveying for other protected species, including GCN, reptiles and vegetation. Licenses for other species would be an advantage.
- Good report writing skills, knowledge and use of common word packages e.g. word/excel.
- knowledge and use of QGIS.
- A membership of a professional body e.g. CIEEM/RSB/IEMA.
- Have an understanding of how ecology fits in within the planning and construction industry.
What we offer in return –
- Paid membership of a professional body.
- Built in TOIL around summer bat surveys.
- Annual CPD budget.
- Paid holiday, 21 days plus bank holidays.
- Flexi working hours.
- Company pension scheme.
- Unsociable hours premium (for dusk and pre-dawn surveys).
How to Apply –
Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Subcontractors and Seasonal Opportunities –
Most of the work that Cherryfield Ecology undertakes is related to bats, so experience of using a bat detector, undertaking emergence and re-entry surveys is ideal and access to a car is a must. You must be available to undertake dawn surveys. We are also keen to hear from Ecologists with experience undertaking common reptile surveys, badgers surveys, GCN and phase 1 habitat surveys.
Information required –
- Experience you have with protected species surveys
- Whether you hold any Natural England licences for bats, GCN or other species
- Professional Membership e.g. Royal Society of Biology/CIEEM
No Agencies, Thank You.